Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Live Cam Model DMCA Removal Request for Copy C/V use

DMCA Request you can send to any website owner.

Make sure you CC one to your lawyer as well.  X is you, and W is the violating website
Example of a DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act) request from a live cam model, named "X", to a website called "W"

Subject: DMCA Takedown Notice for Infringing Content

To Whom It May Concern,

I am writing to request that you take down the infringing content that is currently available on your website, "W". The infringing content in question is a video recording of my live cam performance, which was recorded and posted on your website without my consent.

The live cam performance in question was broadcast on [date and time of performance] on [name of live cam platform]. My stage name is "X" and I am the sole owner of the copyright in the performance.

The unauthorized use of my copyrighted material is a violation of my rights under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). I demand that you immediately remove the infringing content from your website and any other websites under your control.

I have a good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted material in the manner complained of is not authorized by me, the copyright owner, or the law. I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in this notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.

Please confirm that you have received this notice and that you will take appropriate action to remove the infringing content from your website.

Sincerely,

[Your Name]

[Your Contact Information]

It's important to note that this is a sample, a good one, but still, so this should not be taken as legal advice, and that laws and regulations regarding copyright infringement can vary from country to country, so it's important to consult a lawyer before sending a DMCA notice. The DMCA request should also include the URL of the infringing content and the contact information of the person sending the request.

Hey, they ignore me! 

If your DMCA request is ignored, there are a few steps you can take to further protect your rights and pursue legal action. Here are a few options:

1. File a lawsuit: If the infringing content is still available on the website after you have sent a DMCA request, you can file a copyright infringement lawsuit against the website owner. This will require the services of an attorney, and the process can be time-consuming and costly, but it can result in a court order for the website to take down the infringing content and compensate you for damages.
  2. Contact the website's hosting provider: If the website is hosted by a third-party hosting provider, you can contact them and inform them of the infringing content on the website. The hosting provider is also bound by the DMCA and is obligated to take down the infringing content upon receiving a valid DMCA notice.
  3. Report the website to the search engines: If the website is appearing in search engine results, you can report the website to the search engine providers (such as Google, Bing, etc.) as a copyright-infringing website. This can result in the website being removed from search engine results.
  4. Contact your trade association: If you are a member of a trade association, they may be able to provide additional support and resources to help you take down the infringing content.

It's important to note that the above steps should be taken after consulting with a legal professional, as laws and regulations regarding copyright infringement can vary from country to country. It's also important to be persistent in following up on your request and keep a record of all communications and actions that are taken.

Fuckers keep ignoring me

If none of the above steps have worked in getting the infringing content taken down, and believe me I have been there many times, there are a few additional options you can consider to get things done.

1. Contact payment processors and advertisers: If the website is earning revenue through advertising or payment processing, you can contact the companies involved and inform them of the infringing content on the website. These companies may choose to discontinue doing business with the website in order to protect their own reputation and legal standing.
  2. Contact Law Enforcement: If the infringing content includes illegal activity such as cybercrime or the distribution of personal information, you can contact the local authorities or the FBI.
  3. Publicize the issue: If you have exhausted all legal options, you can try to publicize the issue in order to put pressure on the website owner to take down the infringing content. You can reach out to media outlets, social media influencers, or trade organizations to raise awareness of the issue and encourage others to take action.

It's important to remember that even if the infringing content is not removed, you can still take legal action for the copyright infringement, and the infringer will be liable for damages. It's also important to keep in mind that the process of removing infringing content can be difficult and time-consuming, and it may not always be possible to completely remove the content from the internet.